• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lunch and Libertadores

BobbyRitz

You're Fired, Daddy.
I got together with a BOTL from another board to watch the NCAA tourney, eat a few appetizers and smoke a few cigars...well, one each would be enough!

We decided to torch a few Bolivar Libertadores. Let me tell you, this cigar is a monster!

Here are a few pics:

IMG_4925.jpg

IMG_4924.jpg

IMG_4926.jpg

IMG_4928.jpg

IMG_4931.jpg

IMG_4935.jpg

IMG_4936.jpg

IMG_4937.jpg

Tasting notes:

This 6.5" monster sports a 54mm ring gauge. Prelight draw was perfect. The very oily wrapper had one small soft spot (that didn't affect the smoke) and otherwise contained minimal veins.

I took the pocket torch to her and she did not disappoint. As young as this cigar is, you wouldn't know it if I handed it to you without bands to smoke.

It settled down masterfully after the first inch. The earthy Bolivar profile that is loved by many appears almost instantly. A sugary sweetness develops in the first third. The flavors bounce between the sweetness of raw cane sugar to nutmeg, vanilla and a handful of other spices. This cigar is a FLAVOR BOMB!!!

About halfway through, it doesn't feel like I'm smoking such a huge cigar. My nic buzz hadn't fully kicked in, but at this point I no longer felt that this cigar might overpower me. The ash was firm and a flaky salt and pepper mix. Smoke was plentiful thoughout. Exhalation through my nose wasn't difficult after the first inch.

Well, as it turns out, I got a little cocky with this cigar. Somewhere near the end of the second third and beginning of the final third, this cigar finally sunk in its teeth. The flavor profile changed from earthy, spicy and sweet to woody and I started to REALLY notice the nic buzz.

We looked like stunt doubles from Half Baked after we finished our cigars. This cigar is wildly flavorful and kicks like a mule in the final third. I thoroughly enjoyed this cigar and suspect that the Libertadores will become a masterpiece with age.

Total smoke time was 1 hour 40 minutes.

Thanks Bob...I really enjoyed this cigar! I wasn't sure that I would enjoy such a large gauge cigar, but I recommend it highly! :thumbs:

Great review and pics Bobby :thumbs:!

Those sure look delicious from the pics. Sounds like it was pretty good too :laugh:.

Man, they sound awesome. Thanks for sharing. Now I have to find someone going to France soon to get me some.

Excellent review and pictures! That cigar looks awesome.

Excellent review :thumbs:

I'm kicking myself now that I didn't pick any of these up when I was in Paris over New Year's...DOH!!!