• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What smoking music are you listening to? (2024)

I get "Rocket Queen" vibes from this one. I have nothing against Demi Lovato, and I'm sure she would be great for some vocals on different covers, but I'm not feeling this one. And, I think that's the problem: she's singing in, but she's not feeling it, either. The solo is signature Slash, though it plays for the song, for sure.

Reactions: AVB
Keeping the wife happy:

Pink with The Ting Tings - George Mason University Sept 2009
The Ting Tings - Rams Head Live Baltimore April 2012

The wife liked to listen to the Baltimore Dance/Pop station in her art studio but thankfully never played it in the house. She did like to dance so I was a bit of a disappointment in that area. One day she comes up to me and says:"I want to see Pink, the radio said she is playing in DC."
"Did it say when"?.
"I don't know"
"Did it say where?"
"I told you DC"
"Uh, OK I'll look into it."

Now it takes a lot for her to come right out and ask for something so when it happens I better pay attention so that night I find out the Where, When and How much. George Mason is located in Fairfax VA which is about 100 miles from the house or about 2 hours without DC traffic or as much as 4 with. Not looking forward to that I call my sister who is only 18 miles away to see if we can spend the night there. I'm now officially a hero.

Concert day comes around and we leave early enough so we can take my sister and husband out to lunch and visit a while. We leave about 6:30 for the 8pm show, get there in plenty of time to park, check out the venue and find our seats. The Ting Tings are a quirky English dance band who I found was quirky enough to keep me interested and dancy enough to keep the wife happy. They were much more popular in the UK and EU
but never quite broke it big here or there.

Pink was certainly more in the dace side of things and the wife was bopping along to all sorts of forgettable songs, really enjoying herself which was good for me. Of course, Get The Party Started was the sing-a-long encore and the only song I actually recognized but the wife seemed to know all the words.

The second Ting Tings show came from me in the sense of:
"Oh the Ting Tings are playing in Baltimore."
To which the immediate reply was: "We should go."
And so off we went. The smaller venue was a much better show with space for people to dance. The wife kept me out there the entire show.which had a distinct Debbie Harry feel to me and I actually enjoyed it. Watch the whole show below if you get a chance