• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Netflix and other shows you are watching

Exactly, same here. I enjoyed it as a “mocumentary “ (I just made that up… a mock-documentary) :cool:
Maybe Ray has some more definitive historical context, but I believe the term "mockumentary" was first used to describe This Is Spinal Tap. Very apt description of Gran Turismo, for sure!

The whole second act (once they actually got to the real racing), I was internally screaming things like, "Going off track and gaining an advantage!", or, "That's forcing a driver off the track!", or, "Causing a collision!", or, "Wait -- a clutch, a stick, aaaaaaand paddles?", or, "That's NOT what a Lamborghini V-12 sounds like!", or, "Those cars would not be racing in the same class!", or, or, or... 🤣

Maybe Ray has some more definitive historical context, but I believe the term "mockumentary" was first used to describe This Is Spinal Tap. Very apt description of Gran Turismo, for sure!

The whole second act (once they actually got to the real racing), I was internally screaming things like, "Going off track and gaining an advantage!", or, "That's forcing a driver off the track!", or, "Causing a collision!", or, "Wait -- a clutch, a stick, aaaaaaand paddles?", or, "That's NOT what a Lamborghini V-12 sounds like!", or, "Those cars would not be racing in the same class!", or, or, or... 🤣
I was gona say, Spinal Tap wanted a word with CigSid!

I don’t know how I’ve missed this my whole life, but Eurovision 2024 is streaming on Peacock. Just…wow. So bizarre.

I don’t know how I’ve missed this my whole life, but Eurovision 2024 is streaming on Peacock. Just…wow. So bizarre.
Eurovision was supposed to be held in Rotterdam back in The Times of Covid. I was wanting to go so badly.

My wife and I went to see "The Fall Guy" tonight. I remember the show as a kid; she does not. It was a fun movie -- nothing more, nothing less. The first act was kind of meh, but it picks up. There are little throwaway lines and callbacks throughout the movie that you'll catch if you are paying attention. Yes, the original truck makes an appearance, as does a modern take on it from GMC, as well.

We just finished Sherlock Holmes, BBC series with Benedict Cumberbatch (2010 thru 2017) and really enjoyed it. With 14 of the 15 episodes being about one and a half hours each, it was a commitment. Like any series, a couple episodes were a little lacking but overall well worth the time. I’ve seen the Robert Downy Jr movie and Elementry tv series with Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Lui and this was definitely on a different path.

We just finished Sherlock Holmes, BBC series with Benedict Cumberbatch (2010 thru 2017) and really enjoyed it. With 14 of the 15 episodes being about one and a half hours each, it was a commitment. Like any series, a couple episodes were a little lacking but overall well worth the time. I’ve seen the Robert Downy Jr movie and Elementry tv series with Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Lui and this was definitely on a different path.

I enjoyed this series quite a bit. Moriarty was done very well in my opinion.

Have you watched any of the Enola Holmes movies? They're pretty good.

I watched "Black Hawk Down" again last night. I recently listened to a podcast with Mike Durant, the pilot who was captured in the shed after expending all of his ammunition, and hearing a first-hand account of what happened there made the movie such a different experience this time. I also didn't realize just how many huge names were in the film. It was already one of my favorites, now it is top three, for sure.

Also, it is one of my favorite Hans Zimmer soundtracks in the History Of EVAR.

I watched "Black Hawk Down" again last night. I recently listened to a podcast with Mike Durant, the pilot who was captured in the shed after expending all of his ammunition, and hearing a first-hand account of what happened there made the movie such a different experience this time. I also didn't realize just how many huge names were in the film. It was already one of my favorites, now it is top three, for sure.

But Galaxy Quest is still up there, right :cool:

Great movie with a criminally underrated score.

But Galaxy Quest is still up there, right :cool:

I love that movie! It's such a fun tribute to Star Trek and and sci-fi.